13-year-old Dies from ‘Chroming’, a Social Media Trend

Esra Haynes, 13, a student at Lilydale High School in Melbourne Australia, went into cardiac arrest and sustained irreparable brain damage after taking part in an increasingly popular trend called “chroming” while at a friend’s sleepover on March 31, 2023.

Paramedics were working to revive Esra at the scene and said the teenager had been “chroming” — a dangerous and growing craze, particularly among teenagers, where chemicals in aerosol cans are inhaled for a quick high. That high proved fatal for the “beautiful” and “cheeky” Esra, who was rushed to the hospital in an unresponsive state and placed on life support. But eight days later, doctors said “her brain was damaged beyond repair,” and the family decided to turn off the machines.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s