These hatching chick deviled eggs are the perfect dish to serve this Spring, they are so adorable everyone is going to want one!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Pinch of salt
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 12 black peppercorns
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs. Place one egg on its side and cut a small slice off the bottom, flatter end of the egg. This will be the base of the chick. Be sure not to cut into the yolk. Then cut about 1/2 to 3/4 inch off the top of the egg. This is going to be the top of your chick. You will want to cut through the yolk of the egg. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Scoop out all of the egg yolks and place in a bowl. Mix with mayonnaise, mustard, and salt. Place this filling in a piping bag and pipe into the base egg. Be sure the filling is about an inch taller than the top of the egg so you have room to make a face.
- Place the other half of the egg white on top of each chick, pressing down on the back side so it looks like the chick is coming out of the egg.
- Use a paring knife to cut the julienned carrot into pieces 1/2-inch long. Place 2 peppercorns and a piece of carrot into the yolk of each egg to make the face. You may find it easier to use tweezers for the smaller pieces.
- Arrange eggs on your serving tray and then add feet by slipping the remaining slices of carrots under the body, 3 pieces for each foot. Serve cold.
I love those! 🐣