Man Dies after Falling in a Tank of Sulfuric Acid

A 54-year-old man has died after falling into a tank of sulfuric acid. According to police, the incident happened Saturday at Michigan Seamless Tube on McMann Street, south of 10 Mile Road, where the sulfuric acid used in a manufacturing process has a temperature of at least 160 degrees.

It is unknown how he fell in or how long the man was in the tank before he was pulled out by co-workers and quickly washed off. The sheriff’s office has contacted the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration, which will look into the incident. “We don’t believe there was any foul play or criminal matter to investigate,” Sovik told WWJ Newsradio 950. “It is closed on our end. MIOSHA will take it from here.”

Image result for michigan seamless tube

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s