- 4 pork loin chops – fat trimmed off
- 16 slices streaky bacon (+- 400g)
- 4 sprigs thyme
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cup shredded red and white cabbage
- ½ red onion – thinly sliced
- 1 granny smith apple – sliced into thin batons – julienned
- Juice of large 1 lemon
- 10 ml Dijon mustard
- 45 ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place a sprig of thyme and some lemon zest on each chop. Wrap each one with 4 pieces of streaky bacon.
Brown and seal the chops on both sides in a non stick frying pan. Then roast in the oven for +- 15 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
For the slaw:
Combine the cabbage, onion and apple in a large bowl.
Mix all the dressing ingredients together and add to the salad – making sure everything is well coated.
Divide the slaw between four plates and top with a chop each.