Even if you are not a chicken salad fan, you may like this one!
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 ribs celery, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 large serrano chili peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, skin removed, cubed (about 2 cups)
- Bibb or butter lettuce leaves, for serving
- Using a fork, mash avocados with citrus juice in a small bowl. Add cilantro, chopped onion, serrano chili peppers, and salt. Stir to combine. Fold in the chicken.
- Serve with lettuce leaves.