4 Young people Die from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Maine Cabin

A sheriff says four young people and a dog found dead in a Byron cabin in Maine probably died Tuesday night of carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator that had been running in the basement. The victims were Brooke Wakelin, 21, and her boyfriend Keith Norris, 23, both of Attleboro; and Wakelin’s brother, Matthew Wakelin, 18, and his friend, Deanna Lee Powers, 22, both of Mansfield.  It’s thought that they were likely overcome by the fumes from a generator that was left running in the basement after they arrived from Massachusetts.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s